Head Coach: Boys U15 National Team
Business Unit: High Performance
Reporting to: GM of High Performance
Direct Reports: Assistant Coaches, Manager & Team Physio
The term of appointment will be from 1 June to 31 December 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
The Head Coach of the U15 Boys National Team will be responsible for:
• The preparation, development and implementation of a program for the team in line with Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ) preferred style of play.
• Establishment and management of the objectives of the program in consultation with the BBNZ GM High Performance.
• Selection of the athletes for the programme in line with BBNZ’s selection policy and player eligibility guidelines.
• Develop and prepare competition and training schedules for the program.
• Management of the support staff involved in the programme, in consultation with the BBNZ High Performance GM.
• Identify appropriate sports science and performance requirements to ensure that the programme continues to follow good practice.
• Maintain communication with other areas of the BBNZ High Performance programme in particular with the High Performance department.
• Have a sound understanding of BBNZ’s style of play.
• Prepare and present reports on the programme as required.
• Liaise, where appropriate, with the club coaches and other officials of the teams of the athletes selected for the programme.
• Representing the team with media and sponsorship requests when required.
• Responsive to emails and phone calls from the National body.
Communication and working relationship
In general, the head coach will be directly responsible to report team performance outcomes to the High Performance General Manager. The Head Coach will collaborate with other High Performance staff regarding the team’s approved program.
The Head Coach will be required to attend tournaments and camps with the Boy’s program subject to availability.
Key performance indicators
• Preparation and implement the New Zealand U15 Boys National Team programme for the period stated.
• Apply a proactive approach to recruitment of athletes who meet the selection criteria.
• Engagement with All Stake Holders within the sport in New Zealand and internationally, including, but not limited to: BBNZ, Associations, Representative Programmes Parents and Coaches.
• FIBA Oceania Finals Game
• Communication and monitoring with coaches and identified athletes.
• Athletes to demonstrate progression/adaptation to the demands of international basketball (competition factors, travel, food, cultural differences) over the course of the campaign.
• Lead the Team Selection in consultation with the Basketball New Zealand High Performance General Manager.
• Attend and Participate in the National selection Camps.
Expressions of interest (maximum of three pages) should be submitted by Monday 21 May 2018 to Saileen Raj firstname.lastname@example.org