2017 National TerTIARY CHampIONSHIPS info
Basketball New Zealand, in conjunction with University & Tertiary Sport NZ (UTSNZ) and our member Associations will host the following National Championship Tournament. For any further information please email email@example.com or phone (04) 498 5950.
Tournament information page
For tournament Dates, Due dates and Other Important Information please download the calendars HERE
Tournament Team Entry Fee
To obtain a quote, please download from the BBNZ web link HERE quote will be updated the first of each month and available on the website. Teams who have not provided all the required details and team payment by the specified dates – NO PAY, NO PLAY!!!
• National Tertiary Championship - $1,100+GST per team
Refund Policy Schedule
Please refer to the refund policy in the UTSNZ Registration and Participation Policy
BBNZ Debt Policy
Those participants who have a debt with BBNZ will not be able to participate in any BBNZ competitions/events until the debt is paid. It is advised that the player makes contact with BBNZ to discuss.
The process for online entry will be through two online forms:
a. Online Team Registration Form - enter your team through an online form to secure a place in the relative comeptition and confirm team contacts, coaches and managers.
b. Once the team registration is complete - you will be sent a confirmation email and a different link to enter your players into your team.
Team and Player Eligibility
Teams that wish to participate in the championships must follow all UTSNZ eligibility criteria, the rules of FIBA, BBNZ’s Internal Regulations, Drug Free Sport New Zealand (DFSNZ) Policies, BBNZ’s Match Fixing Policy.
You can find UTSNZ's documents on policies and criteria HERE
or more specifically;
- Code of Conduct
- Eligibility Criteria
- Registration and Participation
- Team rosters can consist of no more than 12 eligible players
- Each team must bring two alternate uniforms to the tournament. Teams shall use numbers 0 and 00 and from 1 to 99. In the event of a uniform clash Team A is to wear their light coloured uniforms and Team B is to wear their dark coloured uniforms.
- Sitting at the scorebench; Team A MUST sit to the left and Team B MUST sit to the right.
- Forfeit of Game - $500 fine